Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
i hit my coworkers shoulder lightly and he was like “you’re going to make me cry like a girl” and i was like “what’s wrong with being a girl?” and he was quiet for a moment then he looked into the distance and whispered “the social standards they’re forced to live by”
Of all the things that didn’t happen, this didn’t happen the most
Dean: Amber Heard
Sam: Missy Peregrym
Castiel: Zooey Deschanel
Crowley: Helena Bonham Carter
Bobby: Margo Martindale
Lucifer: Emilia Fox
Balthazar: Kristen Bell
Gabriel: Nina Dobrev
Ruby: Chace Crawford
Jo: Tom Felton
Charlie: Rupert Grint
Kevin: Gemma Chan
Ellen: Sean Bean
Adam: Emma Roberts
John: Demi Moore
Bella: Chris Pine
ughsocialjustice if you want some receipts of IDCP behaving abusively there’s this blog. She’s very prone to gaslighting when you call her out on things she’s done before (like mocking people’s triggers and dysphoria) but despite trying to make it look like she did nothing, there are still screenshots. These can also be useful if you want to send an email to the staff to prove that she’s harassing people.
Dear god. Please report @idislikecispeople, guys. - The Scandinavian one
How has rape culture been debunked?
The “1 in 4 Women will be sexually assaulted” myth:
“IF the one-in-four statistic is correct—it is sometimes modified to “one-in-five to one-in-four”—campus rape represents a crime wave of unprecedented proportions. No crime, much less one as serious as rape, has a victimization rate remotely approaching 20 or 25 percent, even over many years. The 2006 violent crime rate in Detroit, one of the most violent cities in America, was 2,400 murders, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults per 100,000 inhabitants—a rate of 2.4 percent. The one-in-four statistic would mean that every year, millions of young women graduate who have suffered the most terrifying assault, short of murder, that a woman can experience. Such a crime wave would require nothing less than a state of emergency—Take Back the Night rallies and 24-hour hotlines would hardly be adequate to counter this tsunami of sexual violence. Admissions policies letting in tens of thousands of vicious criminals would require a complete revision, perhaps banning boys entirely.”
— Heather Mac Donald, "The Campus Rape Myth".
This alleged “statistic” was culled from a survey of 3,000 college women in 1982, conducted by Ms. Magazine. These women were asked only three questions:
- Have you had sexual intercourse when you didn’t want to because a man gave you alcohol or drugs?
- Have you had sexual intercourse when you didn’t want to because a man threatened or used some degree of physical force to make you?
- Have you had sexual acts when you didn’t want to because a man threatened to use some degree of physical force to make you?
The trouble is, many of the women the survey counted as “victims” did not actually feel that they had been raped, especially not the entire third of the alleged “victims” that continued to have a consensual sexual relationship with their supposed attacker. Others that had consensual one-night-stands that they later regretted were also counted as “victims”.
Feminism is supposed to be empowering, not to send us cowering.
Rape is not the “epidemic” that people are trying to claim it is. It has actually decreased dramatically in the past few decades - up to 80% since 1979, despite an increase in the willingness of victims to report them. This is even further supported by data directly from the U.S. Bureau of Justice.
- Statistics doesn’t back up Rape culture
- Men who are falsely accused of rape can have their names published and their lives ruined even if they are not convicted or charged - their accuser is protected and is likely to face no punishment, or a light one.
- Under a recent federal directive, men are convicted of rape in university campuses if the investigating board finds that the chances they committed the rape are at 50.00001% or greater.
- The DOE policy in practice: Caleb Warner was accused of rape and expelled from the University of North Dakota, then his accuser was charged with filing a false report. He remains expelled as of June 2011
- Woman rapes boy, woman becomes pregnant, boy must paid child support.
- 40% of rapists are female 1
- Definition of rape, erases victims of rape who are forced to penetrate, generally men who are forced to have sex with women.
- Men are raped in the military
- Men Outnumber Women Among American Rape Victims
- Male statutory rape victims forced to pay child support
- 59% of the male rapists had been previously heterosexually molested.
If this supposedly causes rape
Then so would this
because let’s not forget that women are just as capable of becoming rapists as men.
There is no rape culture. We do not live in a society that condones rape. Rape is considered to be one of the top criminal offenses. Literally no one supports it here in America or any developed Western country.
"In America, rape is a crime, in the Middle East, rape is considered a punishment" paraphrased from Christopher Hitchens on Bill Maher’s show.
Page 1 of 628